LaunchBox Community Forums

How can I specifiy a Programm to open?

ayuno

Hi guys,

the title is a little bit misleading sorry. What I actually mean is a "open with" option or the possibility in doing so. The good thing about lunchbox is, you can use it in many ways and I personally use it for games(dos, snes etc), movies and as a development library for my design content which is really handy. But I do also have a lot of ebooks and since my tablet is broken I thought about implementing those in Lunchbox however, the files are all in .zip or .pdf format and I'd like to specify a Programm which opens them from Lunchbox. Is there a possibility? I couldn't figure out a good method unfortunately. I do appreciate any help. Best Regards.

6 hours ago, ayuno said:

Hi guys,

the title is a little bit misleading sorry. What I actually mean is a "open with" option or the possibility in doing so. The good thing about lunchbox is, you can use it in many ways and I personally use it for games(dos, snes etc), movies and as a development library for my design content which is really handy. But I do also have a lot of ebooks and since my tablet is broken I thought about implementing those in Lunchbox however, the files are all in .zip or .pdf format and I'd like to specify a Programm which opens them from Lunchbox. Is there a possibility? I couldn't figure out a good method unfortunately. I do appreciate any help. Best Regards.

Have you just tried setting your e reader program as a emulator and importing your ebooks as roms associated with that emulator? That should work just fine as long as your ebook reader supports opening files via commandline. Of course you wont get any metadata or images for ebooks though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Have you just tried setting your e reader program as a emulator and importing your ebooks as roms associated with that emulator? That should work just fine as long as your ebook reader supports opening files via commandline. Of course you wont get any metadata or images for ebooks though.

Thank you very much !! this was a very smart solution.

Edited by ayuno
  • Like 1