LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME titles work in Retroarch but fail to start from LaunchBox (nothing happens)

WonderSausage

I can manually open an arcade title in Retroarch (mame2010 core) and it works fine, but games won't launch from LaunchBox -- I get a spinning cursor for a fraction of a second and nothing happens.

I've set up the Platform as "Arcade" with core "mame2010_libretro" and it's marked Default. I've set the ROMs to remain compressed.

The MAME ROMset (0.127) is on a network drive and I did not choose to move the ROMs to the LaunchBox repository (all of my ROMs for all platforms are on the network share). I have a lot of platforms configured and they all work, this is the only one that doesn't. The only MAME.INI that I can find is in Retroarch\saves\mame2010\ini folder, and it doesn't have much in it. Everything is the latest software version and LaunchBox is registered.

Any ideas?

I would share some images of your Launchbox setup so we can see if we spot something. Since it runs outside of LB it could be a setting inside LB. 

1. Tools>Manage Emulators, edit Retroarch and share pics of the Emulator Details and the Associated Platforms tab (make sure it shows the Arcade listing).

2. Right click a game and edit. Share a pic of the Launcher Tab and the Emulation Tab.