LaunchBox Community Forums

Launbox doesn't start any game

Phil69

I am new to Launchbox, so I hope it's a simple one for you: I downloaded the Mega Drive games I played back in the days, but they simply don't start if I doubleclick on any of them. In fact, nothing happens when I click on an imported ROM. (I already read some threads here and about Retroarch, but still don't get it, because everything looks fine to me).

2 minutes ago, Phil69 said:

I am new to Launchbox, so I hope it's a simple one for you: I downloaded the Mega Drive games I played back in the days, but they simply don't start if I doubleclick on any of them. In fact, nothing happens when I click on an imported ROM. (I already read some threads here and about Retroarch, but still don't get it, because everything looks fine to me).

Are you using retroarch as the emulator?

Ah, this could be the problem...I thought it has all cores in it (that's why you should use it for Launchbox). I try to navigate myself through Retroarch, but found it too difficult, because f.e. it doen't react on X and Z (like in the YouTube videos I watched)...

1 minute ago, Phil69 said:

Ah, this could be the problem...I thought it has all cores in it (that's why you should use it for Launchbox). I try to navigate myself through Retroarch, but found it too difficult, because f.e. it doen't react on X and Z (like in the YouTube videos I watched)...

That is a old tutorial and Retroarch has changed the buttons now, its enter and backspace for select and back. You need to go to online updater/core updater and click on the core you want, i recommend genesis plus gx.

Just now, Phil69 said:

Ok, but also Enter and Backspace are not always working

??? those are the controls, they wont sometimes work and not others.

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You need to go to online updater/core updater and click on the core you want, i recommend genesis plus gx.

That is how you download the core.

5 minutes ago, Phil69 said:

Ok, I downloaded the SEGA Genesis Plus GX...and now?

In Launchbox go to Tools/Manage emulators and double click your retroarch entry. Click the Associated platform tab scroll to the bottom empty box and type in the name of the system, it needs to EXACTLY match what you called it in Launchbox. Then double click the core box next to it and choose the core from the dropdown.  

It should look somewhat like this.

1812759565_RetroarchMegaDrive.thumb.png.16e93e8d82e18e5273eacdf8a267c2b0.png