LaunchBox Community Forums

NES & SNES Won't Launch RetroArch (RESOLVED)

FastFeet

I am using Retroarch with Launchbox for NES and SNES.  I get the loading screen but never launches the game; it returns me back to Launchbox. 

I am also using Retroarch with no issue with ATARI 2600, 7800, N64, Genesis, Master System, and Playstation 1 from Launchbox.

The only way I have been able to get NES or SNES game to work is if I right-click a game, select "edit" / "Emulation Tab" and select "Use Custom Command-Line Parameters". 

For SNES is I enter the following it the game will Launch.

-L "cores\snes9x_libretro.dll" 

This is very inconvenient and isn't a neccessary step for my working Consoles using Retroarch.  I deleted my NES and SNES and even tried re-importing them, with no success. 

I am using:

Windows 10

Licensed Launchbox v9.5

Retroarch 1.76

2129020819_NESandSNESnotLaunchBoxingRetroArch_WorksWithinRetroArch.thumb.jpg.d30a4f556fd5e9bcc3ee6a11ce65567d.jpg

NES and SNES not LaunchBoxing RetroArch_WorksWithinRetroArch_edit01.jpg

EDIT:  Just imported my TurboGrafx-16 titles; they too are not launching. Not sure why this is happening. Is there any debugging I can do or has anyone else experience this?

EDIT 2:  SUBJECT: RESOLVED

Edited by FastFeet

• 3 years later...

Could you please explain more what you mean by "Your Platform names do not match what is in the Associated Platforms"? I've examined both screenshots, but still don't get what this means exactly. Having a similar problem, thank you!

Thank you for the reply. I've compared the names of the platform "Nintendo Entertainment System" from the list in LB to the Associated Platform in RetroArch and they appear to be the same. Is that correct, or am I missing something? 

Platform Name.PNG

Associated Platforms.PNG