LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't Update Launchbox after move to another PC

therickff33

I just moved my entire launchbox folder to a different PC.  Everything works fine, Except I can't update Launchbox.  I get the pop up that says a new version has been downloaded, would you like to install?  I click Yes and I get this message.

You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:

C:\APP

or a UNC path in the form:

\\server\share

I have no idea what this means.  Could anyone offer any assistance?  Thanks

1 minute ago, therickff33 said:

I just moved my entire launchbox folder to a different PC.  Everything works fine, Except I can't update Launchbox.  I get the pop up that says a new version has been downloaded, would you like to install?  I click Yes and I get this message.

You must enter a full path with drive letter; for example:

C:\APP

or a UNC path in the form:

\\server\share

I have no idea what this means.  Could anyone offer any assistance?  Thanks

Its probably looking to the location you originally installed Launchbox and can no longer find it. Manually run the installer from your Launchbox/Updates folder and install over the top of your current install.

• 4 years later...

I had the same exact problem. In my case, it doesn't allowed me to update because Launchbox was installed without any folder, on the root of one of my hard disks. It seems that it needs to be contained in a folder. When I moved from X: to X:\Launchbox, it autoupdated with no issues.