LaunchBox Community Forums

USB controller works in DOSBox but not Launchbox

sweepy

I know this is a ridiculously noob question but I have spent hours trying to get a a USB controller working for my DOS games in Launchbox.

It is a generic USB controller (like a Playstation or XBox style controller), and it works absolutely when the game is opened in DOSBox (and I have set it up using the Mapping tool and saved this configuration).

However, when I then import the same DOS game into Launchbox and launch it I have keyboard-only control.

I have checked that my DOS games are configured in Launchbox to use DOSBox, and I have tried both ticking and unticking the 'use all controllers' in the Options in Launchbox.

Is it just one of the limitations of DOSBox in Launchbox, or have I missed a setting or something?

Many thanks for any help.

hi

Many thanks for your reply.

I have tried all the options within LaunchBox that I can find:

Menu - Tools - Edit default DOSBox configuration - Input - Joystick (then tried each available option, including 'all attached controllers', in turn)

Menu - Tools - Options - Input - Gamepad/Joystick (then selected all the different input options in turn, and tried them one by one)

....but still only my keyboard works to control DOS games.

Is it because it's a generic USB controller and not a 'branded' one?

Or is there some other menu/setting/a tweak I have missed?

Many thanks

Edited by sweepy