LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBoxDB update?

corsair47

Hello everyone!

So yesterday, I downloaded The Division 2 and added it to my LaunchBox collection but there wasn't any information for it on LaunchBoxDB yet. "Not a problem!" I thought to myself, "I'll just add the information to the LaunchBoxDB website myself and that way I can get my information added while helping out other community members."

I added the information and it got approved, but when I try to search for metadata from LaunchBox itself, only the Wikipedia information shows up. There's nothing from LaunchBoxDB. I assume this has something to do with a lag-time between adding things to LaunchBoxDB and them showing up in LaunchBox, but I was just curious how long it should take to show up. It's been about a day since my updates were approved on DB.

3 minutes ago, corsair47 said:

Hello everyone!

So yesterday, I downloaded The Division 2 and added it to my LaunchBox collection but there wasn't any information for it on LaunchBoxDB yet. "Not a problem!" I thought to myself, "I'll just add the information to the LaunchBoxDB website myself and that way I can get my information added while helping out other community members."

I added the information and it got approved, but when I try to search for metadata from LaunchBox itself, only the Wikipedia information shows up. There's nothing from LaunchBoxDB. I assume this has something to do with a lag-time between adding things to LaunchBoxDB and them showing up in LaunchBox, but I was just curious how long it should take to show up. It's been about a day since my updates were approved on DB.

Thanks for helping with the database. :) You are correct in that there is a lag, the actual database is updated every 24 hours, so approved content is not immediately available to users. Also Launchbox itself will only look for a new metadata database file every 24 hours also. So if you have already downloaded a new metadata set in Launchbox today, it wont check for anything newer until tomorrow.