LaunchBox Community Forums

Organizing my rom collection

MrSumOne

I moved over from Hyperspin with RocketLauncher. In RocketLauncher you can have it check your rom collection to a database file and it will tell you which games you're missing from that list. You can then use a program called Dons Hyperspin Tool to rename and move all the roms that match that database. I have a folder that has all versions of games, like EUR, JAP, USA, and I only want to use the USA games. Is there a way to do this in LB? Or is there an audit tool that I can use? I tried to use RomCenter, but it looks like that might not be what I'm looking for.

Also, side note, is there a reason why LB renamed all my roms with a "-1" after the name when I imported them? I'm afraid I did something wrong...

Edited by MrSumOne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi when importing mame in LB i think there is a setting for importing roms by region. I can't remember and I am not home right now. Since you migrated from HS WITH RL to LB are you still using ROCKETLAUNCHER  to connect to LB?

You can setup RL to have many front ends and just switch between them. So I guess you could use dons tool to rename stuff and just re-import to LB once your done

I hope that answers your question