LaunchBox Community Forums

switching out controllers and controller automation

AaronTheD

Hello!

I have several sets of usb gamepads that I like to use with launchbox.  For example, I use a SNES gamepad when playing SNES games and switch to an NES gamepad when playing NES games, etc.  However I'm having an issue with controller automation.  I would love to have it set so my "hold" button is the start button on each controller and "select" as the "close active window" button in order to close my current game and return to launchbox without reaching for a keyboard.  It seems that my start/select buttons are identified differently on different gamepads however.  For example start/select on one game pad are buttons 1 and 2, while on another they are buttons 8/10.  This is keeping me from having universal "hold" and "close active window" buttons for each set of gamepads.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Is this for navigating bigbox with the controller, or for exiting a game from the emulator?  I use rocketlauncher, which uses joy2key profiles that can be game-specific, emulator specific, or platform specific.  So i have "select" set to the esc key, but with a hold of like half a second before it engages.  It's always select, across all platforms.  I think keymapping is the next big piece of the puzzle for a more seamless experience in LB/BB.