LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox & Mouse reload/reset Issue

bojo5150

Team, I'm running into issues with Launchbox forcing a mouse cursor reset after launching a game. I have several young children that enjoy using the Arcade Cabinet to play games, they especially love the light gun shooters but there challenged with games that do not have visible crosshairs (mouse cursors), mainly Naomi & Hiraku. I went ahead and wrote an AHK script that changes the mouse cursor and then upon hitting Escape reverts back to the Windows defaults. I use a compiled version and launch as an "Additional App" for these games via launchbox. The problem is that upon launching the game/rom launchbox resets to use the default windows mouse cursor and I need to figure out how to stop this for these games.

If I run the script and launch Demul directly the Cursor changes as I wish and the game plays great! Its just when I attempt to launch via Launchbox or Big Box that I'm challenged. How can I force Launchbox to not do this for select games? My AHK script has been pasted in below for review if necessary. Please help! Thank you!

Cursor = C:\Demul.cur
    CursorHandle := DllCall( "LoadCursorFromFile", Str,Cursor )

; change cursor size
    IMAGE_BITMAP := 0x0
    IMAGE_CURSOR := 0x2
    IMAGE_ICON := 0x1

; size
    cx := 48, cy := cx

; fuFlags
    LR_COPYFROMRESOURCE := 0x4000

CursorHandle := DllCall( "CopyImage", uint,CursorHandle, uint,IMAGE_CURSOR, int,cx, int,cy, uint,0 )

; replace cursor
    Cursors = 32512,32513,32514,32515,32516,32640,32641,32642
    Loop, Parse, Cursors, `,
        DllCall( "SetSystemCursor", Uint,CursorHandle, Int,A_Loopfield )

return ; end of auto-execute section

$Esc:: ; restore system cursor
    SPI_SETCURSORS := 0x57
    DllCall( "SystemParametersInfo", UInt,SPI_SETCURSORS, UInt,0, UInt,0, UInt,0 )
    ExitApp

return