LaunchBox Community Forums

Keyboard COMBINATION to EXIT

sirleirbag

Hi everyone, i know im asking for a specific thing here, but i need to map 2 keyboard strokes to exit emulators and stuff... How can i do this without a third party app?

Im building an arcade but "Manually", i mean, without a usb/controller interface, im using an old keyboard usb interface, with soldering and stuff, im almost finished it and realize that i cant exit with 2 keystrokes from anything... and i just dont want to add another button just for exiting. If anyone knows a  way, please help, even with third party app.

By the way im under windows 10.

Thanks for any kind of help.

EDIT: This metod doesnt work cos it anules the first stroke for any emulator, example: Y mapped "5" in project64 to be the Z Trigger, with this script when you press 5 "in game", it does nothing, even whit the correct mapping, outside launchbox/bigbox it works fine cos it is not waiting for the script to close the emulator. 

So far, only option is to add one KEY/BUTTON just for Exiting.

Edited by sirleirbag

4 minutes ago, sirleirbag said:

Hi everyone, i know im asking for a specific thing here, but i need to map 2 keyboard strokes to exit emulators and stuff... How can i do this without a third party app?

Im building an arcade but "Manually", i mean, without a usb/controller interface, im using an old keyboard usb interface, with soldering and stuff, im almost finished it and realize that i cant exit with 2 keystrokes from anything... and i just dont want to add another button just for exiting. If anyone knows a  way, please help, even with third party app.

By the way im under windows 10.

Thanks for any kind of help.

If its a keyboard then escape will exit most emulators. Button combos are for controllers only.

I figure this out with the AutoHotKey Script, if anyone wants to know you have to put "&" between keys with Space between them, example:

i want to exit pressing number 5 and number 6:

5 & 6::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

I hope someone else benefits from this. 

EDIT: This metod doesnt work cos it anules the first stroke for any emulator, example: Y mapped "5" in project64 to be the Z Trigger, with this script when you press 5 "in game", it does nothing, even whit the correct mapping, outside launchbox/bigbox it works fine cos it is not waiting for the script to close the emulator. 

So far, only option is to add one KEY/BUTTON just for Exiting.

On 3/21/2019 at 9:01 AM, neil9000 said:

If its a keyboard then escape will exit most emulators. Button combos are for controllers only.

Edited by sirleirbag
Issue with this metod