LaunchBox Community Forums

Suggestions for Super Game Boy?

garbanzo

I'm not sure how to handle Super Game Boy in LaunchBox. It's not really a platform, but it needs to be to set up an emulator properly.

I can copy all the games and force LB to import them into a new platform, but then I have duplicate games on my drives, and everything shows up double during searches. But at least I can associate an emulator with the platform to easily launch them in SGB mode.

Or I can leave the games in their respective folders, and still re-import them as a new platform. That solves the doubles on my drives, but I still have the same problem with doubles showing up in searches.

Or, I can just create an auto-populated playlist using "Version Contains (SGB Enhanced)", but then I have to launch them from the playlist by right-clicking and selecting a different emulator than my default GB/GBC emulator.

None of these are ideal. Maybe there is another way I haven't thought of?

What is wrong to import the gb roms as a new platform?

Just scrape them as gb. Now you can set up your emulator and everything is fine. I copy all roms over with sgb enhancement cause that are a few mb and dont hurt my storage plus i have a clean sgb enhanced gb collection. You can also use your existing gb roms folder but just i said we talk about a few mb. 

Is the double search entry that big problem? 

I think you will always have that problem when you use one version of a game with two platforms. 

Just think about ps1 games on a ps2. Sensless but possible. 

Maybe someone else have a better solution. 

Edited by Isoku