LaunchBox Community Forums

'Combine Selected Games' not working correctly in Launchbox 9.7

Cavey

When I first purchased a Launchbox/BigBox license, I imported several full rom sets and have been slowly working through them using the 'Combine Selected Games' menu command to consolidate ROMs of the same game from different regions (that the importer missed) into one entry. Recently this option has stopped working correctly. I get the dialog box stating that it has completed successfully and the second entry for the game is removed from Launchbox, but no additional apps are added to the remaining entry. Instead the ROM is just totally removed from Launchbox and requires re-importing.

Is this confined to my system or was it introduced in one of the recent updates?

5 hours ago, Cavey said:

When I first purchased a Launchbox/BigBox license, I imported several full rom sets and have been slowly working through them using the 'Combine Selected Games' menu command to consolidate ROMs of the same game from different regions (that the importer missed) into one entry. Recently this option has stopped working correctly. I get the dialog box stating that it has completed successfully and the second entry for the game is removed from Launchbox, but no additional apps are added to the remaining entry. Instead the ROM is just totally removed from Launchbox and requires re-importing.

Is this confined to my system or was it introduced in one of the recent updates?

I have just tested this here, although i am on 9.8 beta 4, not 9.7, and it is combining games just fine like usual.

5 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I have just tested this here, although i am on 9.8 beta 4, not 9.7, and it is combining games just fine like usual.

Thanks for taking the time to check for me. Given what you've said, I'm going to presume that it's something happening on my end. Do you happen to know if it's possible to reinstall Launchbox without undoing all the work that I've put in so far?

5 minutes ago, Cavey said:

Thanks for taking the time to check for me. Given what you've said, I'm going to presume that it's something happening on my end. Do you happen to know if it's possible to reinstall Launchbox without undoing all the work that I've put in so far?

Yes, you can either install it elsewhere and drag and drop all your folders to the new one. Or easier, go to your Launchbox/Updates folder, find the version you want and install directly over the top of your current install. Thats over the top not inside, many people make that mistake and end up with Launchbox folder inside there Launchbox folder. :) 

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yes, you can either install it elsewhere and drag and drop all your folders to the new one. Or easier, go to your Launchbox/Updates folder, find the version you want and install directly over the top of your current install. Thats over the top not inside, many people make that mistake and end up with Launchbox folder inside there Launchbox folder. :) 

I  have reinstalled 9.7 over the current install as suggested by you and Combine Games is now working as intended again. Thanks so much for your help.