LaunchBox Community Forums

Anybody know what could cause the BigBox fonts to shrink? (It's not a DPI issue)

jacob.pederson

Anybody know what could cause the BigBox fonts to shrink? (It's not a DPI issue)  I've been messing around with a lot of different methods for swapping monitor primary / secondaries around because I'm trying to incorporate some regular PC games into my arcade cabinet.  Suddenly everything looks like this.  Any ideas?   My setup is a 240p CRT as primary and a 1080p mini monitor normally for menus.  It worked fine a second ago?

Edit: When the 240p screen is set as secondary, Bigbox looks normal . . . but I need it to be primary for windows games to launch on the correct screen.  Arg? 

Edit2: When the 240p screen is set as primary, the bigbox splash appears on that, but then bigbox respects its settings and moves over to the correct screen (perhaps its pulling a font DPI based on the 240p screen over to the 1080p screen?)

Edit3: For now I'm just going to give up on the idea of using the marque screen as the menu and just resign myself to very blurry menus :(

RSXOklf.thumb.jpg.660e4e582cfebdff518ddb7b5c684895.jpg

Edited by jacob.pederson

On 4/7/2019 at 1:41 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Are you doing some sort of super resolution thing in this setup ?

I have seen this happen in windows when doing that sort of thing.

Yes, but only on the CRT portion of the setup, and that only applies after RetroArch launches certain games so it probably shouldn't effect it?  Also it looks normal when you have the 1080p screen set as primary.