LaunchBox Community Forums

Updating my MAME emulator and ROM set

stutee

I currently have a complete MAME 0.201 split set working great in Launchbox.  I have recently used clrmamepro to create a new set of 0.208 non-merged ROMs in a separate directory.

Now I want to update Launchbox to use the new MAME emulator and ROM set but I'm not sure how to go about this.  It's pretty easy to modify the emulator to point to the newer MAME version but I'm not sure how to handle the ROMs.  I don't want to lose any customizations (like favorites, play counts, ratings, etc.) so I don't want to delete everything and re-import from the new ROM location.

Does anyone have any guidance on the best way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

2 minutes ago, stutee said:

I currently have a complete MAME 0.201 split set working great in Launchbox.  I have recently used clrmamepro to create a new set of 0.208 non-merged ROMs in a separate directory.

Now I want to update Launchbox to use the new MAME emulator and ROM set but I'm not sure how to go about this.  It's pretty easy to modify the emulator to point to the newer MAME version but I'm not sure how to handle the ROMs.  I don't want to lose any customizations (like favorites, play counts, ratings, etc.) so I don't want to delete everything and re-import from the new ROM location.

Does anyone have any guidance on the best way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

Just re-run the MAME fullset importer under Tools/Import MAME fullset.

1 minute ago, stutee said:

Will this update already existing ROMs to the new location?  Ideally I want to delete the old ROMs directory so I don't have to keep 2 full ROM/CHD sets on my machine.

Yes, the fullset importer will ask you for your rom folder. You will also need to tell MAME itself the new location also.