LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox stuck after exit any games (BB window un-focused I think)

MartinC

Hi all!

I just upgraded to version 9.7 due to an issue that was fixed in this one, and now I am experiencing a new one that was not happening on any of the previous version that I used until now. It is happening with any platform and game, not just MAME or with blank screen as I saw in another reported issue. I don't think it is the same, but could be.

The thing is that after playing any games, when I press exit and it is done but Big Box is frozen (I see BB normally, but the video is frozen and nothing is moving there, I just can see the BB screen with the list of games and all that), I can't move or press anything. But it is not really frozen, just un-focused. If I press Alt-Tab, I return to that window and BB keep working normally. For some reason it loss the window focus when a game is closed, which was not happening before to this upgrade to version 9.7, so I think it is some kind of issue with this version un particular. Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Martin

We typically recommend to not run BigBox or Launchbox as admin. It can cause issue between BB/LB and emulators that require elevation. If you are using Startup Screens in BigBox trying going into the settings and turn it off and see if it has any affect on the issue.