LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox/LB way to Esc Game from Controller

Agrajag

So enjoying LB enough that I just bought the Premium version and plan to give BigBox a shot. The main use is with MAME (without RetroArch) and I would love to be able to use it from my couch with the need to a keyboard. Is there a way to quit a game and get back to the interface just using the controller (in this case a MayFlash F500)?

I tried using a script to ESC out, but that's no good with MAME as then you're just sort of crashing out of the game and no settings will then stick -- for example changing key bindings. 

I'd like to just perhaps be able to hold say, the Home button (on this controller) and have it bail back to the UI.

You can set the exit hook directly inside of Mame. Just launch Mame without a game (or launch a game and hit tab). If you are using the standard command line Mame just look for Configure Options and then General Inputs. In the "UI Cancel" option hit enter and then you can click the two buttons you want to use to exit Mame. 

• Thanks 1