LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox - Testing

1 minute ago, oliviergregoire said:

20230122182035 - INFO: Using override path for Kodi "*************\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe".

There is your problem. Please disable the Kodi override option in the addon's advanced section as the script should detect kodi.exe location. Only if the script doesn't detect it or is needed for a special use case, you should enable it and point it to kodi.exe location. Also, update the file I uploaded above as there are some code improvements that will need to be tested. Thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I did what you said. It works great. Just one thing. When I shutdown Launchbox it restarts Kodi.

Could it be possible to just hide Kodi when Launchbox starts and then "reappear" where the state was when Launchbox is over? Like when I play a movie, I use an external player (mpc-hc...), the movie starts on mpc, it hides Kodi, and when the movie is over or I turn off the player, Kodi reappears in the state he was just before.

1 hour ago, oliviergregoire said:

So I did what you said. It works great. Just one thing. When I shutdown Launchbox it restarts Kodi.

Could it be possible to just hide Kodi when Launchbox starts and then "reappear" where the state was when Launchbox is over? Like when I play a movie, I use an external player (mpc-hc...), the movie starts on mpc, it hides Kodi, and when the movie is over or I turn off the player, Kodi reappears in the state he was just before.

Under the addon's settings "General" section, change "Quit Kodi?" to "No" and Kodi will be minimized instead of being closed.

Ok. So it works well with beta 2.

Just one thing, if I start or place  Kodi on my 2nd screen (I have a computer monitor as screen 1 and a TV as screen 2), Launchbox will start on screen 1 wherever Kodi is . Could you add an option to make it start on the same screen as kodi is placed at the moment you launch Launchbox (screen 1, 2, 3...) ?

Do you want me to also try beta 3?

1 hour ago, oliviergregoire said:

Ok. So it works well with beta 2.

Just one thing, if I start or place  Kodi on my 2nd screen (I have a computer monitor as screen 1 and a TV as screen 2), Launchbox will start on screen 1 wherever Kodi is . Could you add an option to make it start on the same screen as kodi is placed at the moment you launch Launchbox (screen 1, 2, 3...) ?

Do you want me to also try beta 3?

I always recommend updating to the latest release that I put out as I usually found a mistake I made and fixed it. 🙂 As for the starting on the same screen as Kodi, it's possible and I will look into it when I get some time, probably by this weekend. Use beta 3 for now as it is basically what I was planning to release if nobody else that tried it finds an issue and I will post another test file if I get something sensible for you request.

Kodi addon for LaunchBox 1.6.0~beta4

Changes since beta 3:
- Multimonitor detection added for both LaunchBox and Bigbox, it will move LaunchBox to match where Kodi is but for BigBox, you will have to have the screen set in it's setting menu.
- Fixed the black gui's window size to not bleed on to other monitors

Hopefully, this will be the last beta and I can release it as a ton of time was spend on coding, testing and debugging this.

Edited by CoinTos
attachment superseded by beta5

So I tested beta 4, I have the same problem as 1st attempt:

When I close the Launchbox window, I have a black screen and nothing happens.

I had to do a ctrl-Alt-Del to see the nails at the bottom of the windows screen to shutdown Launchbox because neither Launchbox or Kodi appeared in the windows task manager.

Here is the log:

20230129214649 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 102.
20230129214649 - INFO: Detecting Kodi information.
20230129214649 - INFO: Detected Kodi running at "******\kodi.exe".
20230129214649 - INFO: Loading blank gui.
20230129214649 - INFO: Starting all LaunchBox procedures.
20230129214649 - INFO: Attempting to run "*******\LaunchBox.exe".
20230129214649 - INFO: LaunchBox run successful. LaunchBox is starting up.
20230129214649 - INFO: Process detected. LaunchBox.exe is running.
20230129214652 - INFO: Minimizing or exiting Kodi...Done.

9 minutes ago, oliviergregoire said:

And it still launch on screen 1 whatever screen I am.

And  screen 1 is black if I launch it from screen 2, but screen 2 stays normal if I launch it from screen 1.

It won't move launchbox to the new screen till main window is loaded, I will upload another beta in a few minutes that will not fix it but will give me more info in the log to try and figure it out.

20230130010741 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 104.
20230130010741 - INFO: Detecting Kodi information.
20230130010741 - INFO: Detected Kodi running at "******\kodi.exe".
20230130010741 - INFO: Monitor Count: 2.
20230130010741 - INFO: Kodi detected at X677 Y191.
20230130010741 - INFO: Monitor 1 selected.
20230130010741 - INFO: Loading blank gui at W1920 H1080 X0 Y0.
20230130010741 - INFO: Starting all LaunchBox procedures.
20230130010741 - INFO: Attempting to run "*******\LaunchBox.exe".
20230130010741 - INFO: LaunchBox run successful. LaunchBox is starting up.
20230130010741 - INFO: Process detected. LaunchBox.exe is running.
20230130010744 - INFO: Minimizing or exiting Kodi...Done.
20230130010744 - INFO: Launchbox loading screen detected. Waiting for it to close...Done.
20230130010747 - INFO: Upgrade pop up detected. Waiting for it to close...

2 minutes ago, oliviergregoire said:

20230130010741 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 104.
20230130010741 - INFO: Detecting Kodi information.
20230130010741 - INFO: Detected Kodi running at "******\kodi.exe".
20230130010741 - INFO: Monitor Count: 2.
20230130010741 - INFO: Kodi detected at X677 Y191.
20230130010741 - INFO: Monitor 1 selected.
20230130010741 - INFO: Loading blank gui at W1920 H1080 X0 Y0.
20230130010741 - INFO: Starting all LaunchBox procedures.
20230130010741 - INFO: Attempting to run "*******\LaunchBox.exe".
20230130010741 - INFO: LaunchBox run successful. LaunchBox is starting up.
20230130010741 - INFO: Process detected. LaunchBox.exe is running.
20230130010744 - INFO: Minimizing or exiting Kodi...Done.
20230130010744 - INFO: Launchbox loading screen detected. Waiting for it to close...Done.
20230130010747 - INFO: Upgrade pop up detected. Waiting for it to close...

So on your main monitor is there a pop up asking you if you want to upgrade LaunchBox? It's waiting for that be closed before continuing. If you don't care about upgrades or need to stick on one specific version, please disable upgrade checks in LaunchBox's options. Also, is your Kodi running in windowed mode? The script is detecting the left top corner of Kodi is in the first monitor. Go to your Kodi Settings and set it to start on your preferred monitor or move it completely into the second monitor. 

On 1/30/2023 at 3:45 PM, oliviergregoire said:

No there's no pop up

I don't know what pop up window it is detecting so here's another beta that looks only for the one LaunchBox would create and moves it to the monitor Kodi was running on, after it is closed it will move LaunchBox to that monitor.

Make sure Kodi is completely in the monitor you want LaunchBox to move to then launch the addon or set Kodi to load up in fullscreen to wanted monitor in Kodi's Display settings,

Edited by CoinTos
attachment superseded by beta7

CoinTos, I'm really sorry I didn't answer earlier.

So I did several tests:

I went back to beta 3 to verify the black screen and discoverd I had the black screen when I closed the Launchbox window if "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" wasn't selected.

As for beta 4 & 5: I had black screen whether  "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" was selected or not.

Beta 6:

Everything works great: no black screen at the end whether "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" is selected or not.

• If Kodi is in window mode: Launchbox starts on the screen the kodi window is, with a little delay if it's on screen 2 (it starts on screen 1 then move by itself on screen 2. Nothing important for me).
  • If Kodi is in fullscreen: If I'm on my main monitor (1), Launchbox starts on screen 1. But if Kodi is on screen 2 (TV), Launch box starts on screen 1 and Kodi stays on screen 2.

I did several tests to verify, one after another and always get the same results.

Also, when I start Kodi in window mode, when I close Launchbox Kodi comes back in maximised window mode, it does the same for every betas.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:32 PM, oliviergregoire said:

CoinTos, I'm really sorry I didn't answer earlier.

So I did several tests:

I went back to beta 3 to verify the black screen and discoverd I had the black screen when I closed the Launchbox window if "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" wasn't selected.

As for beta 4 & 5: I had black screen whether  "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" was selected or not.

Beta 6:

Everything works great: no black screen at the end whether "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" is selected or not.

• If Kodi is in window mode: Launchbox starts on the screen the kodi window is, with a little delay if it's on screen 2 (it starts on screen 1 then move by itself on screen 2. Nothing important for me).
  • If Kodi is in fullscreen: If I'm on my main monitor (1), Launchbox starts on screen 1. But if Kodi is on screen 2 (TV), Launch box starts on screen 1 and Kodi stays on screen 2.

I did several tests to verify, one after another and always get the same results.

Also, when I start Kodi in window mode, when I close Launchbox Kodi comes back in maximised window mode, it does the same for every betas.

I think I have fixed everything you have listed here. Try this one and if it still loads on the first monitor when Kodi is full screen on the second, please post the launcher's script log because I will be really confused on why it's not working. I have a tri-monitor setup and I have no issues on any of the monitors with Kodi loading on them fullscreen and moving LaunchBox to that monitor which is displaying Kodi.

The maximizing of Kodi when Kodi was minimize while in window mode is fixed as well, that was just missed by me because LaunchBox ahk script is based on my BigBox ahk script which is for a 10ft setup hence the maximize on reload instead of restore.

Also, the "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run" will turn off after every run of the addon if you turned on before hand, as it's purpose is to remove the ahk files and autohotkey.exe and recopy the files from the currently installed addon. This allows you to rule out outdated script files and have the ones from the currently installed addon and current autohotkey.exe from LaunchBox copied into the userdata folder. Outside of this testing, normally the addon will ask you if you want to update the userdata's copy of the scripts if the addon's version is newer than them so turning that option on normally isn't necessary. 

So to some up Beta 7 below:

I rewrote the whole handling again including LaunchBox update handling.

Edited by CoinTos
final released in downloads section