LaunchBox Community Forums

Kodi addon for LaunchBox - Testing

4 minutes ago, nadonate said:

Ok, the results of this-

151666342_2019-06-1519_31_13-Window.png.688580dcf32c739fea4934babc10351d.pngand this-

923581934_KodiY.thumb.png.6ef14e8a8bcb55a9595cf68fb15a601d.png...were successful. Launched from Y, and Kodi successfully.

Ok the script doesn't mount directly to the launchbox due to update installer compatibility, can you try:

net use Y: \\lyonas\games

Then browse to the launchbox folder (Y:\launchbox) and try launching it.

Also, the new test file still fails to launch it when the share location is used, correct?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

So, using smb share directly in the addon folder location still fails?

It does not.... 

Kodi only supports SMB v.1, and my share is SMB 3, which means Kodi will never see the NetBios name of my server, So I have to manually create a path using the local server IP within Kodi. 

My source location looks like this:

SMB_IP.thumb.png.267feafd2479252057a69f2b4a031335.pngThis has worked fine to access my media. Do you think this might have something to do with the addon issue? The issue may be with Kodi and its SMB support, and not your addon. 

I have been reluctant to enable SMB 1 support on my share because its deprecated, but if you think it may help, I am willing to give it a shot and report back...?

45 minutes ago, nadonate said:

It does not.... 

Kodi only supports SMB v.1, and my share is SMB 3, which means Kodi will never see the NetBios name of my server, So I have to manually create a path using the local server IP within Kodi. 

My source location looks like this:

SMB_IP.thumb.png.267feafd2479252057a69f2b4a031335.pngThis has worked fine to access my media. Do you think this might have something to do with the addon issue? The issue may be with Kodi and its SMB support, and not your addon. 

I have been reluctant to enable SMB 1 support on my share because its deprecated, but if you think it may help, I am willing to give it a shot and report back...?

As long as you can get a path to BigBox.exe folder in Launchbox folder field (ie. smb://192.168.1.11/games/launchbox/) the addon doesn't care about smb version because it uses external commands (net use) to create the mapping. So if you can try that with last test file and it still fails then it has to do with how I handle 'net use' creation in python. We have proved that commands and mapping work outside of Kodi so all that leaves is the mapping creation in addon's python code.

EDIT:

I can recreate it now, it has to do with using a IP instead of hostname. Looking into it now.

EDIT 2:

Nothing I can do to allow IP mapping support, from all my searching windows won't let exes run from a mapped drive created with an IP instead NETBIOS name. So unless you can get a netbios name in the launchbox location field, it won't run. I will have to work on a workaround.

Edited by CoinTos

I am moving this test file from Alpha to Beta. Everything is feature complete for 1.5.6's release just need some testers for both with and without using a smb share. If you use an IPv4 address (IPv6 is not support at all) for your smb share you will need to enable SMB IP Override setting in Advance Settings and enter in your SMB host name of your share server. If you don't, a dialog will pop up telling you to do so or if no is selected, it will exit the addon.

Key Features:
Kodi SMB support (user/pass, IPv4 override support)
Python 2 and 3 compatible using Kodi Six library (Kodi restart is required on first install of Kodi Six module or addon won't see it)

Edited by CoinTos
removed test file

I resolved my SMB/NETBIOS issue. Everything is working great using the last 1.5.6 on my SMB share.

1647584175_2019-06-1616_33_12-Kodi.thumb.png.b47df0a108fe2a131eaf8d2244eed393.png

For anyone else having issues, the solution was not only making sure SMB 1 support was enabled on the share, but enabling SMB 1 support in windows 10. I'm using Kodi 18 BTW.

Thanks for all your help @CoinTos !!

1 hour ago, nadonate said:

I resolved my SMB/NETBIOS issue. Everything is working great using the last 1.5.6 on my SMB share.

1647584175_2019-06-1616_33_12-Kodi.thumb.png.b47df0a108fe2a131eaf8d2244eed393.png

For anyone else having issues, the solution was not only making sure SMB 1 support was enabled on the share, but enabling SMB 1 support in windows 10. I'm using Kodi 18 BTW.

Thanks for all your help @CoinTos !!

Glad, it's working for you now. The beta I posted this morning has work around for those that can't enable SMB1 support but letting you set the smb share with an IP in the addon's launchbox location and then setting the server name in the SMB IP Override option of the addon's Advanced settings. It then replaces the IP with server name supplied. As long as you can access  the share (\\server\share\folder-with-launchbox-folder\) directly in windows network browser, you can use the IP override without setting up smb1 for Kodi and the mapper will create the drive with server name instead of IP to launch BigBox.

Beta 2 Released

Fixes:
Changed the smb label text in Advanced settings
Rewrote Update handler to work with smb shares support better in AHK script

Edited by CoinTos
Test file deleted, final version posted to downloads section.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 5:04 AM, CoinTos said:

Ok, under process tab is it gone from background processes as well?

This is weird one because on my test machine in any version of Kodi, it stalls a little, not responsive due to loading over wifi, no issues on hard line and takes up to about 1gig of ram while loading up (I tested with and without a start up video) and runs without issue. I don't really know how to recreate this. I also did a launchbox update test over the mapped drive with addon and that is when I saw a 7zip extraction on first boot after update that stalled the start up a fair bit more but haven't had anything kill the process like your video suggests.

this was very helpful, thank you for taking out time to give out this information. 

Best regards

kevin. 

• 1 year later...

@debennett2 Can you give one of these test files a try (py3 is for Kodi 19) and see if it fixes the slow down. I added an AutoHotKey Location setting under Advanced in settings, if the location is blank or invalid it will search the LaunchBox folder for AutoHotkey.exe and if it finds it, it will set the AutoHotkey location setting so next time it doesn't need to waste time searching... well till it is invalid again, that is.

Edited by CoinTos
removed old test files

13 minutes ago, CoinTos said:

@debennett2 Can you give one of these test files a try (py3 is for Kodi 19) and see if it fixes the slow down. I added an AutoHotKey Location setting under Advanced in settings, if the location is blank or invalid it will search the LaunchBox folder for AutoHotkey.exe and if it finds it, it will set the AutoHotkey location setting so next time it doesn't need to waste time searching... well till it is invalid again, that is.

script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.9-test1.zip 230.18 kB · 0 downloads script.launchbox.launcher-1.5.9-test1-py3.zip 230.48 kB · 1 download

Works perfectly! Launches instantly again! Thanks!

Test 2 attached now is just to clean up all the smb separation mistakes in test 1. I am posting it while I continue working on 1.5.9's stable release, just incase some needs the autohotkey delay fix and wants to test smb.

Test 3, due to how the newer LaunchBox installers work, they will kill the AutoHotkey.exe process if ran from LaunchBox folder on update, therefore killing the AHK script. The addon now copies the AutoHotkey.exe and license.txt (if found) from LaunchBox folder to the userdata folder. Also, under Advance settings there is an option to change to another user selected AutoHotkey exe if desired.

Edited by CoinTos
final released

• 2 years later...

Tester Needed for beta.

Kodi addon for LaunchBox 1.6.0~beta1 (Kodi 20+ only)

Changes:

- Mode select added for choice between LaunchBox and Bigbox, support both free and paid versions
- support for Kodi 20+ only to keep my life simple

@hellgate24@Mad.Monkey.3@oliviergregoire

Edited by CoinTos
attachment superseeded by beta2

4 minutes ago, oliviergregoire said:

Thank you very much, I will test it. Where sould I put the file?

It's the same as the regular download from the released page.

- Download the zip to a folder
- Open Kodi 20
- Go to Settings, Addons, Install from zip.
- Browse to download folder and select zip
    - note in Kodi's addons settings page, 'unknown sources' must be enabled to install from zip

Also, if you have had an older version of this addon installed, please go to this addon's settings, under advanced and select "Delete and update userdata scripts on next run". I goofed on the handler script version numbering when I split launchbox and bigbox into 2 separate autohotkey scripts so till next beta or final, existing users will have to do that to get the right script active and working.

Ok, I did exactly as you said.

So, it works well for launching (on windows 7) from Kodi (I also changed the start from Bigbox to Launchbox in the addon settings), it starts well, and I can play normally. But when I close the Launchbox window, I have a black screen and nothing happens.

I had to do a ctrl-Alt-Del to see the nails at the bottom of the windows screen to shutdown Launchbox because neither Launchbox or Kodi appeared in the windows task manager.

After that, I don't get no longer kodi running. i had to launch it manually. (Sorry english is not my primary language).

Anyway, I thank you CoinTos very much for the addon update.

19 minutes ago, oliviergregoire said:

Ok, I did exactly as you said.

So, it works well for launching (on windows 7) from Kodi (I also changed the start from Bigbox to Launchbox in the addon settings), it starts well, and I can play normally. But when I close the Launchbox window, I have a black screen and nothing happens.

I had to do a ctrl-Alt-Del to see the nails at the bottom of the windows screen to shutdown Launchbox because neither Launchbox or Kodi appeared in the windows task manager.

After that, I don't get no longer kodi running. i had to launch it manually. (Sorry english is not my primary language).

Anyway, I thank you CoinTos very much for the addon update.

Can you show me the log from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\LaunchBoxLauncher.log"? I don't have a windows 7 system test on so I will have to see what was detected by the ahk script's log.

3 hours ago, CoinTos said:

Can you show me the log from "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.launchbox.launcher\scripts\LaunchBoxLauncher.log"? I don't have a windows 7 system test on so I will have to see what was detected by the ahk script's log.

20230122182035 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script revision 001.
20230122182035 - INFO: Using override path for Kodi "*************\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe".
20230122182035 - INFO: Starting all LaunchBox procedures.
20230122182035 - INFO: Attempting to run "*************\LaunchBox\LaunchBox.exe".
20230122182035 - INFO: LaunchBox run successful. LaunchBox is starting up.
20230122182035 - INFO: Loading blank gui.
20230122182035 - INFO: Process detected. LaunchBox.exe is running.
20230122182036 - INFO: Minimizing or exiting Kodi...Done.
20230122182037 - INFO: Starting LaunchBox monitoring.
20230122182100 - INFO: LaunchBox monitoring completed.
20230122182100 - INFO: All LaunchBox procedures completed.
20230122182100 - INFO: Maximizing or restarting Kodi...Done.
20230122182200 - ERROR: Failed to detect Kodi in 60 seconds. Aborting.
20230122182200 - INFO: Making sure LaunchBox is now closed...Done.
20230122182200 - INFO: Exiting LaunchBox Launcher Autohotkey script.