LaunchBox Community Forums

can't remember the name of this 80s game :(

Quebert

I use to play it a decent amount, I remember it being in a few arcades around me, so maybe one of the geniuses here knows what game.  It's a side scrolling karate'ish beat em up. It starts with you riding a motorcycle thru the desert then you shoot a big fireball and blow open a door or wall or something and then the game starts. I might be remembering this incorrectly, but you don't start playing until you blast the door. Then you're on foot and it uhhhh, well is a beat em up like I said.  I spent the better part of last week Googling and Youtubing to try and find it. It might not have been very popular but since I remember it in 4 different arcades it was at least not some rare game.

helps?

THANK YOU! I might have found it, eventually - like a year later lol. I thought maybe, when I saw the name a bell would go off in my head. But nope, this doesn't sound familiar at all. I also don't remember the boss's dialog being in Japanese. I Googled it and it looks like it was only released in Japan, so the ones I played must have been imports. 

This game is SUPER! It's pretty damn hard, but lots of fun. And oddly enough with the default dip switch settings you only get 5 continues. I do remember a few arcade games back in the days that limited your continues. Which I never understood since I was spending money to play.   I HATE altering dip switches in MAME to make a game easier, or give me more continues. But I think here I have to cos no way I'll ever damn beat it on 5 credits.

Edited by Quebert