LaunchBox Community Forums

Static marquee for platform view?

meltman

Hello - I'm wanting to make a static marquee image while navigating platforms, but once selecting a platform have the game dynamic marquees take over.

I tried modifying the platformmarqueeview.xaml to statically define the image I want but it seems to ignore the configuration.

Any ideas to get this set up as a static marquee image?

<UserControl xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
             xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
             xmlns:mc="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/markup-compatibility/2006"
             xmlns:d="http://schemas.microsoft.com/expression/blend/2008"
             mc:Ignorable="d"
             d:DesignHeight="562"
             d:DesignWidth="1000"
             HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"
             VerticalAlignment="Stretch"
             FocusVisualStyle="{x:Null}"
             BorderThickness="0"
             Margin="0"
             Padding="0"
             Background="#000">
	<Grid Height="530" VerticalAlignment="Top" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
        <Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Marquee/Images/Marquee.png" Stretch="Uniform" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />
    </Grid>
</UserControl>

This is what I was going for - statically assigning the image for the PlatformMarqueeView.xaml.

I dont seem to get what I'm looking for with this code. Maybe this isn't the right spot. I will post in the XAML tips and tricks thread. 

I duplicated the default theme and am editing  the copy named "MARQUEE". The changes stick, like the file isn't reverting. It just doesn't display what I tell it to. I still get the selected platform poster up in the Marquee space. 

Hmm. Didn't seem to change my result.

If I add the image source line twice though, I get the normal banner, with my marquee over the top of it.

<Image Source="pack://siteoforigin:,,,/Themes/Marquee/Images/Marquee.png" Stretch="Uniform" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" />

I can work with this - is there a way to disable the transition of the marquee? As I scroll through platforms the image briefly dims due to soft transition.

27 minutes ago, meltman said:

Hmm. Didn't seem to change my result.

If I add the image source line twice though, I get the normal banner, with my marquee over the top of it.

I can work with this - is there a way to disable the transition of the marquee? As I scroll through platforms the image briefly dims due to soft transition.

Not sure on the transition. The code change should work though. I tested modifying the Unified Redux theme and it works fine. Here it is just displaying a wallpaper I just place and named Marquee.png

Pay no mind to the second line of code it is just an affect to fill the screen if needed.

Capture.JPG

Captureb.JPG

Capturem.JPG

40 minutes ago, meltman said:

Hmm - who might know about disabling the transition effect for the marquee?

It's 90% where I want it, just wish to disable the little 'pulse' you get when moving from one platform to another.

I am not at home to check, but maybe there is a transition setting in BigBox. There is an option in the settings for Transitions. Check there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've fiddled with all the options with no luck. The background transition one seems to do what I want, but only on the primary display. The marquee seems to have it's own, non adjustable transition from what I can tell. 

Any other ideas? Otherwise I'll log a feature request for it. 

Kind of surprised I'm the first with a dynamic marquee on a custom cabinet that wants my artwork to show at the platform view as a static image.