LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch using PS4 wireless controller with inputmapper problem.

rgiordano29

I'm using input mapper with a PS4 controller as XINPUT so that I can make use of the mouse pad for Nintendo DS and 3DS. I'm using 3 controllers.. if I configure them all as XINPUT(user1), (user2) and (user3) etc.. save auto config and save the configuration and it works every time as long as I have all 3 controllers powered on. If however I am using 2 controllers or only 1 controller it will get confused and switch my profiles from XINPUT(user1) etc.. to Wireless Controller #1 etc.. when this happens my gamepad won't work at all. Then I have to use my keyboard to get into the menu and manually switch it back the Xinput(user1) etc.. I prefer to have my BIGBOX running on the bigscreen and just use my game controllers without dealing with the keyboard. Is there any way to manually force retroarch to use XINPUT(user1), 2 and 3 everytime no matter how many controllers I have active? I've tried to delete all of the configuration files other than the XINPUT configs I use but retroarch still doesn't asssign them correctly if there is anything less than 3 controllers. If I were to save the configuration with just 1 controller then it will always work with 1 but then not with 2 or 3. 

Thanks for any help,

Robert

3 minutes ago, rgiordano29 said:

I'm using input mapper with a PS4 controller as XINPUT so that I can make use of the mouse pad for Nintendo DS and 3DS. I'm using 3 controllers.. if I configure them all as XINPUT(user1), (user2) and (user3) etc.. save auto config and save the configuration and it works every time as long as I have all 3 controllers powered on. If however I am using 2 controllers or only 1 controller it will get confused and switch my profiles from XINPUT(user1) etc.. to Wireless Controller #1 etc.. when this happens my gamepad won't work at all. Then I have to use my keyboard to get into the menu and manually switch it back the Xinput(user1) etc.. I prefer to have my BIGBOX running on the bigscreen and just use my game controllers without dealing with the keyboard. Is there any way to manually force retroarch to use XINPUT(user1), 2 and 3 everytime no matter how many controllers I have active? I've tried to delete all of the configuration files other than the XINPUT configs I use but retroarch still doesn't asssign them correctly if there is anything less than 3 controllers. If I were to save the configuration with just 1 controller then it will always work with 1 but then not with 2 or 3. 

Thanks for any help,

Robert

This is actually a Windows issue, it juggles USB ports depending on when they are plugged in/turned on, or what it detects first after a reboot.

Problem solved! https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder 

And.. it's not a Windows issue at all it's a Retroarch issue. When the Wireless controller A.K.A. Direct inputs are hidden from retroarch then it only has Xinput to select from. If you are using Input mapper like I am or some sort of DS4 devreorder will fix your issue.

Edited by rgiordano29