LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't launch FBA games.

demTICKSdoe

I've imported Galaga into LaunchBox and associated it with Retroarch. However when I press play it simply doesn't even attempt to launch.  I'm lost on this one... The game runs perfectly if I launch Retroarch by itself. Also, Retroarch is launching fine from LaunchBox with SNES games. Any help would be appreciated!

Most likely you have unmatching platform names in your Retroarch Associated Platforms list or you are telling RA to load a core you don't have downloaded.

Can you post a couple of screenshots ?

Your platforms list showing the platform your Galaga game is in, your Edit Emulator window for Retroarch, Emulator Details and Associated Platforms showing your platform that has Galaga.

Yeah, your platform name doesn't match. In LB you have the platform as Arcade but in your Associated Platforms you have no Arcade but you do have FBA, change FBA to Arcade and it should work barring any other issues you might have.

You didn't post the Emulator Details tab of Edit Emulator window.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Hello guys!

Please i need your help! I have launchbox and is working like a charm for ps1, snes and other platforms BUT i have a problem with fba.

I have a rom (metal slug X)

image.thumb.png.e387233743e21aa982bcaefa2d704f2c.png

and i import it with the below settings

image.thumb.png.4874ac5f4c45c3c7bf1e5433f411491c.png

image.thumb.png.6d5cbae7dde4c941fd47ea24d0f5a89e.png

image.thumb.png.2f5d46797f93b7cad1786843829305b9.png

image.thumb.png.de85243961e0c9b4f2c5efdbd43229fc.png

and when i run the game i get this message

image.thumb.png.1ff09e5bb35920ad44d22aaf7857738c.png

What can i do? How do i find the correct rom? And how do i find which is the correct rom?
Could you give me a hand?