LaunchBox Community Forums

walk through of changing CPS resolution?

srprice

I am running some capcom rooms with bezels in Big Box, and I think it uses FBA?  How can I check this for sure?  Anyway, the game only takes up the left side of the screen, so I think I need to change resolution?  It doesnt do this with any games other than CPS 1,2,3.

21 minutes ago, srprice said:

and I think it uses FBA? 

Surely you know what emulator you setup for your CPS roms? it would either be FBA or MAME, either standalone or a Retroarch core. Unless of course you are using a pre-built build you found somewhere? which if that is the case we dont offer any support for them as we have no idea what has been done to the build. You would be better contacting wherever you got the build from and asking them/there.

I have a paid license, but I did download a prebuilt CPS pack.  I suppose I can delete the pack and re-add the roms manually, but then the bezels probably won't work.  Is there a tutorial somewhere for this?

1 minute ago, srprice said:

I have a paid license, but I did download a prebuilt CPS pack.  I suppose I can delete the pack and re-add the roms manually, but then the bezels probably won't work.  Is there a tutorial somewhere for this?

Bezels are part of the emulator and nothing to do with Launchbox. I have never used FBA so i dont know if bezels work with that but i assume they do, and they definitely do in MAME. However you need to know where the bezels are from and what they are designed to be used with. Are you also using rocketlauncher? as that can have its own bezels that are different to MAME ones.

You say you downloaded a CPS pack, was that roms only? or did it come with media and emulators and a .xml for Launchbox as well? This is why we do not provide support for builds you download, there is no way for us to tell what has been setup and with what, or what additional programs have been used in the setup, so its pretty pointless us trying to troubleshoot when we dont know whats included, its even more difficult when the user themselves doesnt know what is included or how things are setup.