LaunchBox Community Forums

Clean up data that relate to deleted roms

3dlollo

I sometimes get a message that say that all the related game/rom info will be deleted; when I delete a game from Launchbox, and I also delete the ROM; but some files still persist in the Launchbox folder.

For example videos, or snapshots; which are not removed when the actual rom is removed. Some does get deleted, while other does not. I am not sure if this is a bug or if it is expected. It is not a big deal but having various GB of data related to games you do not have anymore, takes space :)

Is there a function in Launchbox (or plans for one), that parse the existing games and wipe what is in the extra folders (music, videos, snapshots, manuals and such), that is not associated with an existing game? A sort of purge that you may see often done on databases or other relation-based computer tools. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, 3dlollo said:

I sometimes get a message that say that all the related game/rom info will be deleted; when I delete a game from Launchbox, and I also delete the ROM; but some files still persist in the Launchbox folder.

For example videos, or snapshots; which are not removed when the actual rom is removed. Some does get deleted, while other does not. I am not sure if this is a bug or if it is expected. It is not a big deal but having various GB of data related to games you do not have anymore, takes space :)

Is there a function in Launchbox (or plans for one), that parse the existing games and wipe what is in the extra folders (music, videos, snapshots, manuals and such), that is not associated with an existing game? A sort of purge that you may see often done on databases or other relation-based computer tools. Thanks!

Tools/Clean up Media, just choose what media you want cleaned and run it.