LaunchBox Community Forums

N64 Retroarch C button controls

LeeXiuLong

Having trouble with my c button controls in Majoras Mask. Cant seem to be able to use the c buttons to navigate the items screen in the start menu. Usually the C buttons are used to navigate this screen but it is not working for me. I have seen this issue a lot on the internet but nothing specific enough for me to pull a solution from. I have attached screen shots of my control configs.

myControlInputs1.PNG

myControlInputs2.PNG

myControlInputs3.PNG

myControlInputs4.PNG

myControlInputs5.PNG

Not sure if it matters or not, I doubt it does for this instance, but you seem to be running an older version of Retroarch.  It's now up to 1.7.7.  Also, there's a new kid on the block for Mupen64plus for cores for Retroarch called Mupen64plus-next.  It incorporates the latest changes/edits done via the mupen64plus coding scheme apparently.  You might want to consider upgrading retroarch, and maybe trying that core to see if that solves your mapping issues.

The above aside, I tried playing Majora's Mask in my Retroach (I am running 1.7.7) and the Mupen64Plus-Next core that I mentioned above, and the C-buttons work fine for me on my 8bitdo controller (Retroarch recognizes it as an XBOX 360 controller, which I see you have listed in your screenshots, so it should map pretty much the same I expect).  For me, with the default bindings in retroarch, the C-buttons are mapped to the up/down/left/right on my right analog stick on my controller.  Unless you re-mapped your device, yours should be the same.

On another note, if you're into N64 emulation, and were not aware of it, there's a very good stand-alone version of Mupen64Plus called M64P, which is one of the best emulators on the scene right now for N64 emulation.  It's pretty easy to setup, but not as simple as the Retroarch core would have been to setup, as once Retroarch is configured, adding cores to it is really simple.  Anyway, if you want to check it out here's a link to his site where you can sign up for Patreon and get the file (https://m64p.github.io/) or if you want to try it out before actually spending money to get access to the latest version, the last public release he did is still available on EMUCR's website (https://www.emucr.com/2019/01/m64p-20190126.html)  In case you were wondering, after that last public release in January 2019, the developer for M64P decided to go the Patreon way as a means to pay for his hosting etc.  Shame really, but I can understand why he would do that.  The last public release though is very stable, and works much, much, better than the Retroarch cores IMO.

Edited by CDBlue

• 2 years later...