LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing Games, wrong titles

pinda

Hello,

I'm having a bit of trouble when importing computers games sets, for example I have a ZX-Spectrum folder with a few thousands of games, some are clearly homebrew, so there isnt any kind of notes/data to scrape them from anywhere.

I just want to keep the file name (already has the right game title) in the <Title>, but instead of that LaunchBox always change the title name slightly of puts a completely wrong one.

Is there any way to force LaunchBox to apply just the filename in <Title> tag in the XML database it generates?

Thanks!

I assume if you go to the "Edit Platform" and look at the "Scrape As" drop down box you have it selected as "Sinclair ZX Spectrum" ?

Ultimately, LB will retitle whatever way is listed in  LB Database. It will try to best guess title if not a direct match.  So you may have a mis-match.  https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/platforms/games/46

If you don't want it to match from the LB DB you can turn that off during importing and it will take whatever you have in the file name (or folder name if you check as option in import box).  It won't import the other data though. 

image.thumb.png.7c4978da4fa1e7e5719e24e4710dcc09.png