LaunchBox Community Forums

Computer becomes slow over time

theekinghumpy

So I have a arcade 1up cabinet I have put a pc in it. So I have fresh windows install and launchbox install with my drivers I need. My build is fx 8350, gtx 750, 850 psu, 16 gb ram, msi 970a g43 mobo with windows 10 home latest build. So my problem is I can run launchbox and play fine but playing and quiting then playing again over and over eventually my emulator programs start to open very slow. Sometimes 30 seconds and closing them most of the time causes them to stop responding. This still happens even without launchbox running. Any clues what could cause this. 

The apps do close and my cpu disk and memory never go past 40%. It weird that it's only affecting certain programs. I will run streets of rage remake for example and it boots fine but retroarch, dolphin, model 2 emulator and mame they all will take 30 seconds to 2 minutes to boot or not boot at all. I can even open my aimtrac software for my light gun and hit stops reapong too. If I reset my pc all is good for a little bit but always reverts back. Now I tried to boot the drive on my other computer which is pretty beefy and it does it on there as well. I have tried running my other computers os and just run the apps off the arcade ssd and it does it as well there. So I don't think it's a hardware issue.