LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't NOT run as Admin

chiukian

Hi team,

I was trying to update my PC games to run from a mapped network drive (Z:\) instead of from the network location \\192.168.....etc and I came across a thread saying in Windows 10 running as admin loses the mapped drive recognition. Launchbox does not see the Z:\ drive. Even if I keep the games as .LNK shortcuts in the "launchbox\games\windows\" folder and create a new shortcut that points to "Z:\gamename" instead of "\\192.168....\gamename" Laucnhbox does not recognize the Z:\.

If I go into the launchbox folder and right-click -> properties the exe and uncheck the Run as Admin box. Launchbox won't even load at all. Anyone have issues running without admin rights?

Edited by chiukian

5 hours ago, chiukian said:

Hi team,

I was trying to update my PC games to run from a mapped network drive (Z:\) instead of from the network location \\192.168.....etc and I came across a thread saying in Windows 10 running as admin loses the mapped drive recognition. Launchbox does not see the Z:\ drive. Even if I keep the games as .LNK shortcuts in the "launchbox\games\windows\" folder and create a new shortcut that points to "Z:\gamename" instead of "\\192.168....\gamename" Laucnhbox does not recognize the Z:\.

If I go into the launchbox folder and right-click -> properties the exe and uncheck the Run as Admin box. Launchbox won't even load at all. Anyone have issues running without admin rights?

It is actually recommended to not run Launchbox as admin.  I believe there are quite a few users the have games mapped to a network drive. I do not, so I cannot really give any assistance on torubleshooting, but wanted to mention the admin rights point. 

@Retro808, that is what I've been reading in the forum. But for some reason LB won't launch on my PC without admin checked.

This is the only info in the log when you uncheck admin:

2019-06-14 02:28:09 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2019-06-14 02:28:09 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2019-06-14 02:28:09 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2019-06-14 02:28:09 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2019-06-14 02:28:10 AM Music.Pause Start
2019-06-14 02:28:10 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2019-06-14 02:28:10 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2019-06-14 02:28:10 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed
2019-06-14 02:28:13 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: A task was canceled.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
2019-06-14 02:28:13 AM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: The operation has timed out.
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)