LaunchBox Community Forums

Import cloud database?

madelai

I haven't had Launchbox on my computer for quite some time now (a couple years maybe) and decided to re-add it. I have my entire collection synced up to the cloud and can see it on the website via my link. But my question is how can I grab the content from the cloud and sync it into my Launchbox program. I tried using "sync to my collection" but that didn't work. Is there another way to sync up old collections from previous file saves and/or the cloud? If by file save, what is the file called and where do I overwrite it?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried using the search and didn't come up with any leads.

5 hours ago, JSSClem said:

I haven't had Launchbox on my computer for quite some time now (a couple years maybe) and decided to re-add it. I have my entire collection synced up to the cloud and can see it on the website via my link. But my question is how can I grab the content from the cloud and sync it into my Launchbox program. I tried using "sync to my collection" but that didn't work. Is there another way to sync up old collections from previous file saves and/or the cloud? If by file save, what is the file called and where do I overwrite it?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I tried using the search and didn't come up with any leads.

The cloud sync is not backup, it's just a way for you to show off your collection to others. All it does is scan your platform.xml files and uses our database to display images for the games you have, nothing was ever actually uploaded from your local setup.

Okay, I figured that's all the cloud was but I wasn't sure. I found a backup of Launchbox files from 2017 and there were a lot of xml files so I copied and pasted those over. Only thing is now I have to re-add things like the cover art and emulators and such. But the lists are all there so that's good. I wish there were an easier way to make backups like for instance clicking a "backup database" button or something like that.