LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame games not working with LaunchBox 9.9

Ichabid

Ok kinda new with everything. I am only running Mame games right now. I have Rom version .139 and Mame 139. Everything runs fine. I had everything running in LaunchBox and big box that was set up in October of 2018. My system has been off the net until today. LaunchBox updates to 9.9 and nothing will load.  I reloaded LaunchBox and also added the correct path to mame139. Reloaded all the roms and still nothing. Any suggestions?

21 minutes ago, Ichabid said:

Ok kinda new with everything. I am only running Mame games right now. I have Rom version .139 and Mame 139. Everything runs fine. I had everything running in LaunchBox and big box that was set up in October of 2018. My system has been off the net until today. LaunchBox updates to 9.9 and nothing will load.  I reloaded LaunchBox and also added the correct path to mame139. Reloaded all the roms and still nothing. Any suggestions?

There are several threads addressing this. Mame versions that old do not work properly with the latest version of Launchbox due to Pause themes being implemented. There is a command line for keyboard dinput needed to use Pause themes with Mame. This is something that was changed in Mame around version 172 or so. 

You can edit your Mame emulator set-up in Launchbox and in the Default command line delete the portion showing "-keyboardprovider dinput" to get it to work again. Problem is that means Pause menu will likely not work in Launchbox. So you lose that function. 

Or you can update your Mame and Roms to a more current version. Something I recommend since as new features get added to Launchbox it will be tested against current versions of emulators.