LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox button mapping

edgecrusher462

Tried googling this issue but I couldn't find anything.  So I was configuring button mapping within BigBox and when I got to the box for "Select" I hit enter and after the five seconds was up it cleared the selection, which is what it is supposed to do.  So my problem is that now I have no button mapped to "Select", so I cannot even hit enter to input another button to map to "Select".  In fact I literally cannot proceed anywhere in BigBox.  "Select" allows you to choose an input so I cannot even proceed into our out of BigBox once I load it up.  Does anyone know how I could fix this issue??  Thanks in advance.  

2 hours ago, edgecrusher462 said:

Tried googling this issue but I couldn't find anything.  So I was configuring button mapping within BigBox and when I got to the box for "Select" I hit enter and after the five seconds was up it cleared the selection, which is what it is supposed to do.  So my problem is that now I have no button mapped to "Select", so I cannot even hit enter to input another button to map to "Select".  In fact I literally cannot proceed anywhere in BigBox.  "Select" allows you to choose an input so I cannot even proceed into our out of BigBox once I load it up.  Does anyone know how I could fix this issue??  Thanks in advance.  

You can probably go into the \Launchbox\Data folder and edit the BigBoxSettings.xml. In the <KeyboardSelect> line enter 6 and then save and close it. That should set it to Enter again as this is what I have. Then when you go back into BigBox change it, this time do not let it time out. Just hit the new key you want it to be set for. If you do this and it keeps both Enter and the new key, just do the step one more time and it will remove the Enter key. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 8.04.51 PM.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply, it worked.  If anyone else ever has this issue  I also learned that if you delete or move the BigBoxSettings.xml file, the next time you load up Launchbox it generates a new file restoring Big Box to the default settings, so you would then have to re-select your theme and other settings.

• Like 1