LaunchBox Community Forums

Having issues using Ledblinky with UWP game (Windows Killer Instinct)

nemisisomega

I've been having issues with getting Ledblinky to work on a Windows UWP version of Killer Instinct. I honestly haven't used it much for non-MAME games, so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong. As of right now I have made an entry for the game on the controls editor and have all the buttons set up to the colors I want, and when I test it, everything lights up like it should. Yet when I run the game from launchbox/bigbox, Ledblinky will speak the name of the game, but the lights don't come on.  Has anyone else used Ledblinky on UWP games and knows what steps I should be taking to get the lights to come on when I start the game?

Sometimes windows games have launchers that only stay running during startup and then the main application kicks in. This usually causes ledblinky to quicky flash the lights during startup but then almost immediately shut off. You may need to launch the game using a ahk script that stays running while the game runs.

First thing you need to do is download and install the latest autohotkey along with notepad ++(notepad ++ is not required but way better than notepad). I am actually setting up killer instinct myself on my arcade cabinet so give me a day and i should have the script you need to launch it. Do you have the steam version of the game?

Edited by twobucks

3 hours ago, nemisisomega said:

I have both Steam and Windows, but I primarily play on the Windows version, and that's the version I'm trying to get set up. I really only have the Steam version because a Microsoft Studios rep asked me to help beta test that version, so i got it for free.  

i did the setup and it indeed needed a script to keep the arcade control lights on.  Copy the script into the same folder as the game exe. Manually edit the game in launchbox to execute the attached script instead of the game exe.  make sure you change your file paths in the script to match where your game exe is located. This should launch the game and automatically close the script after you exit the game.

Killer_Instinct.ahk

• Thanks 1

Ok, thanks! I'll try it out when I get a chance.

Edit: Works like a charm. For the windows version of the game I simply pointed the AHK file towards a Killer Instinct.lnk shortcut I put on my desktop, because Launchbox can't access the .exe directly due to the strict access permissions Windows has on UWP apps. I couldn't even add the AHK file to the Killer Instinct folder, so I just put it in my Ledblinky folder instead.  But using the .lnk shortcut file in the script did the job. Thanks for your help! It is very much appreciated!!

Edited by nemisisomega