LaunchBox Community Forums

Inactive BigBox window when exiting MAME

dmc1793

I use standalone MAME 0.139 as my arcade emulator through BigBox, all games launch and play great. My issue is when I exit back to BigBox. 

As soon as I exit MAME, the screen goes black. Nothing is frozen or hanging, but I need to grab my mouse (with hidden cursor) and click somewhere onscreen for BigBox to become responsive. Almost like the window isn't active until I click it with the mouse. As soon as I do click, BigBox reappears and I'm able to navigate around.

I've tried duplicating this issue with other emulators and cannot. The MAME 0.139 Retroarch core exits just fine back to a fluid and responsive BigBox. Which tells me the issue lies with the way standalone MAME 0.139 is exiting?

Any ideas?

p.s. Win7

What version Launchbox/BigBox are you on?

If you are on a current version that has the Startup screen feature try turning off Startup for that Mame emulator if you are using it.  In Launchbox go to >Tools>Manage Emulators and edit Mame setup and untick "Enable Game Startup" and see if that helps. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-21 at 6.19.05 PM.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dmc1793 said:

100%. Thank you very much.

Keep in mind because you are using a very old version of Mame and Roms new features in LaunchBox may not work well or work at all. We know Pause screens do not work as there is a keyboard parameter that has been added that is required to work with Mame. Older versions of Mame do not support this so you either cannot use the feature or need to update Mame and Roms. 

• Thanks 1