LaunchBox Community Forums

Exit Demul using Keyboard/Xtension Arcade Controller

Endur

Hello Launchbox Community

I am having trouble getting the escape/exit key to close out of Demul Dreamcast emulator V0.7.  I am using an Xtension arcade controller and would like for the exit button which is tied to the escape key on a keyboard to be used to close demul like all of my other emulators.

Here are my default Demul AHK Script settings:

image.thumb.png.dc557ebc99b31b721519c70274186bbf.pngI have also tried these that I have seen in various topics surrounding the issue:

image.thumb.png.9d0f42725f0af0edd9bf86947dfad63f.pngNeither option has any impact on the ESC key functioning  to close Demul.  Currently ALT+F4 is the only working option.

What am I missing? Thanks!

Thank you for the reply.

Yes it is mapped to escape.  I also tried using the escape key on my keyboard directly and that doesn't work like it does for other emulators.  I tried your suggestion and no luck unfortunately...

3 hours ago, Endur said:

Thank you for the reply.

Yes it is mapped to escape.  I also tried using the escape key on my keyboard directly and that doesn't work like it does for other emulators.  I tried your suggestion and no luck unfortunately...

So if you open Demul outside of Launchbox and run a game. 

Does hitting "Escape" close Demul?

Also does hitting "Alt+F4" close Demul?

I got it working, not sure of the reason why just yet.

I moved Demul to the root of my d: drive instead of in "d:/arcade/emulators" where I typically keep all of my emulators, and it works just fine.  I have reviewed file permissions between those locations and they are all identical.  I have to imagine its a permissions issue somewhere but I can't see where.

Anyway it works for now, Demul just can't hang in the Emulators directory with the rest of my emulators.  If I figure out the source of the issue I will update this thread in case others experience something similar.

Thank you for your time and help Retro808.