LaunchBox Community Forums

IPAC 2 and Steam

Delgado10

I’m not entirely sure if this is the right sub to post this on, but I am losing my mind trying to figure this out. It seems like a lot of people ask this question but I still can’t find the answer I am looking for. So I recently built an arcade cabinet running a two player arcade with an IPAC 2. Now I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get it to work on Steam. I only want the 2 player to work on a few fighting games. Dragonball Fighterz, Street Fighter V, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Mortal Kombat X. I’ve tried using Vjoy and x360ce but I honestly can’t figure it out. Flashed the firmware to 1.39 to allow dual gamepad support but then what? Most subs don’t explain what to do after flashing the firmware. I really need help to figure this out. I have heard to use a program to Keyboard2Xinput but maybe there is a different solution. If you guys can link me to something that would be helpful that would be appreciated.

I suggest you check out the latest 1.50 firmware.

It allows on the fly switching between keyboard mode, dinput gamepad mode, and xinput controller mode.

With this you won't need to mess with those secondary applications. Just switch to Xinput mode via iPac2 hotkey and Steam should work with them.

Link to Ultimarc web site and that firmware

Edited by Headrush69