Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
fatguy666

Disassociate not working.

Recommended Posts

Hi. I'm currently trying to sort a ZX Spectrum collection (4000+ ROMs)  and anyone familiar with old systems knows that lots of games were released with the same name. Unfortunately, there are gaps on the database so I'm having to manually update some of them and this is where I'm running into problems.

My example is I have two games called Avenger - really Avenger (Gremlin Graphics) and Avenger (Abacus Programs). The first one is on the database while the second one is not. However, after scanning my ROMs both of them have been associated with DB ID #127970.

So I disassociated Avenger (Abacus Programs) and updated all the metadata and images according to the entry on MobyGames. However, each time I come out it reverts to all the stuff for the wrong game and relinks it to DB ID #127970. There is a ZX-81 version of the Abacus one (#152870) so I tried linking it to that but when I exit the program and go back in it has reverted to #127970 again.

Can anyone help? I'm almost pulling my hair out!

I am running version 9.10 of Launchbox.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fatguy666 said:

Hi. I'm currently trying to sort a ZX Spectrum collection (4000+ ROMs)  and anyone familiar with old systems knows that lots of games were released with the same name. Unfortunately, there are gaps on the database so I'm having to manually update some of them and this is where I'm running into problems.

My example is I have two games called Avenger - really Avenger (Gremlin Graphics) and Avenger (Abacus Programs). The first one is on the database while the second one is not. However, after scanning my ROMs both of them have been associated with DB ID #127970.

So I disassociated Avenger (Abacus Programs) and updated all the metadata and images according to the entry on MobyGames. However, each time I come out it reverts to all the stuff for the wrong game and relinks it to DB ID #127970. There is a ZX-81 version of the Abacus one (#152870) so I tried linking it to that but when I exit the program and go back in it has reverted to #127970 again.

Can anyone help? I'm almost pulling my hair out!

I am running version 9.10 of Launchbox.

Thanks.

Edits to metadata shouldn't revert when exiting the edit window, are you exiting correctly by clicking the OK button?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK i just checked my Speccy platform and i had those two different versions combined together, so i expanded them out and removed the database ID for the Abacus Programs version then edited the details of the Abacus Programs one, and everything saved fine for me. Of course it now has no database ID and still at the moment has the artwork for the other version still associated, but the edits i made to the actual data stuck.

155451700_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.9df1887f6ef771ebdc361f74ada066fe.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 12:23 PM, neil9000 said:

Edits to metadata shouldn't revert when exiting the edit window, are you exiting correctly by clicking the OK button?

 

Yeah, I was definitely doing that!

So I'm not sure if I'm making things worse here but when I made the OP I had actually submitted the game to the LaunchBox DB, it wasn't approved at the time but it has now been added https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/117705

When I've gone back in to LaunchBox to try to search for it it's not coming up, only the Gremlin Graphics version - I checked Metadata.xml and it's on there so I'm not sure why it's not finding it.

I've actually manually updated "Sinclair ZX Spectrum.xml" and it's now stuck, even downloaded the correct media from the DB. I've attached two new images, one showing the game no being found when I search and one showing the proper LaunchBox DB ID in place - clicking the link opens the correct page on the website.

One last thing, I'm assuming you've got the same ROM set that I do as it's got a misspelling of the dev name in the ROM - it should be "Abacus Programs", not "Abacus Programus" although that does sound better!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...