LaunchBox Community Forums

Using STEAM database as source for metadata/media scraping

Snayperskaya

I’ve posted on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/launchbox/comments/cqkpv3/is_mass_importing_game_names_from_a_list_possible/) about using LB as a game catalog. Gave it a try with some ~900 titles using the method described there to import. My experience:‌

* From the 946 games I’ve imported, 295 were not found on LBDatabase/Wikipedia (games like “Anima Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles“, “Atelier Rorona The Alchemist of Arland“, “Beholder 2“, etc). About 30 were detected incorrectly, most of them didn’t have the exact game name record on either databases;

* Images available on EmuMovies/LBDatabase are somewhat irregular for this purpose (some games only have “Boxes”, some others only “Carts“, etc);

* There is a very small number of videos available for PC games.‌

Is is possible to use Steam database as an alternative to LBDB/Wikipedia? It would be great since it does already have everything (meta, images and videos).‌

It would also be great to have an alternative selection of image types for computer games since Launchbox defaults are mostly for consoles/arcades.

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

• 2 weeks later...