LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam Big Picture Guide Button Passthrough

ozboss

I have the Guide Button (Xbox Button) assigned to close Retroarch and other emulators, which in theory is the perfect solution to me, especially now that LaunchBox also supports this function too.

Unfortunately this does not work when I start BigBox from inside Steam Big Picture, Steam won't pass through the button press.

Ofc Steam has it's own functionality for the Guide Button, but you can disable the Steam Overlay and then everything should work as usual, at least I think this has worked in the past.

Anyway it doesn't work, anybody knows how to get around this?

(btw. I also disable the Windows Gamebar picking up the Guide Button press)

So I found a solution by accident:

I was settling for the Select + Start hotkey, but when I was trying to setup an exit for Cemu I found that I have to setup an AutoHotkey script for that.

Anyhow my XboxOne controller doesn't get picked up by AHK... (If anybody knows a solution to that let me know)

However what does get picked up is the guide button :)

So I tried that within Big Box started from inside Steam Big Picture and it works ?

So now I have the script setup for all my emulators and I can close them all with the guid button.

Here the script:

vk07sc000::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

So now I found the optimal solution:

The reason why button presses where not passed through correctly was because of the steam overlay.

When I disabled the steam overlay no button worked in the emulators at all.....

I figured it out however, you have to set the game specific input settings to always off.

Now everything works flawlessly, I can use the guide button to exit all my games (setup inside Big Box), I can use all my buttons as expected in the emulators and I don't have look at the glitching steam overlay anymore :) (wasn't working nicely with my theme)

Edited by ozboss

• 2 years later...