LaunchBox Community Forums

Move games to a different folder and change path in Launchbox

HansS

Dear sir or madam,

Long story short...

I like to move my game (roms) directory from: d:\games\Mame_roms to d:\Launchbox\games\Mame_roms.

Is there an easy way to change the path also in launchbox or do I have to delete my entire scanned  Mame rom collection and start a painfully long rescan?

Thank you in advance for an answer!

Best regards,

Hans

Two ways you can accomplish this. One you can go into a single platform use ctrl+a to select all games. Then go to tools and select the option that says Change ROM Folder location for selected games. Select the new folder and select ok. Rinse and repeat for every platform. As a second option you can close LB open all the platform XMLs with Notepad++ then do a find and replace typing d:\ in the find field and then d:\Launchbox\ in the replace field and then choose the option to replace in all open documents then go to save and reopen LB. To be safe you should backup all of your platform xml's prior to doing this just in case this way you can't come and curse me out if you try this and something goes wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1