LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME "Scan for Removed ROMs" Broken?

MAB

Hi!

I am using a complete MAME 0.214 Romset (CHD and all that jazz) and it work great!
Unless I want to "Scan for removed ROMs" because with MAME it will remove 531 Roms that it think are "No longer on my drive".

Problem is, they are on my drive and they play just fine, both in MAME and in Launchbox...

Is that a function that should not be used with MAME? Giving false positive like that is a bit worrisome.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, MAB said:

Is that a function that should not be used with MAME?

Yes.

Depending on what MAME romset you are using you may have "games" that are not, but are needed for other games to work. That tool is not advised to be used with MAME, thats a whole different thing to normal console romsets.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

That tool is not advised to be used with MAME

In that case, the problem I see is that the Tool itself should exclude MAME from it's "All Platform" if it was imported with the "MAME Wizard"
Or at least allow me to choose the exclusion?

I can always check each platform manually, I was just curious to see if the tool itself would allow exclusion or if a fix would make sense.

Thanks!