LaunchBox Community Forums

Problems with license

master00

6 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

What do you mean here? There are two license types, a yearly and a forever. It sounds like you bought a one year license that is now expired.

Thanks for replying, i definitly have a yearly license. But im confused.

"Your license will work forever, but updates to LaunchBox Premium will no longer be available for you after Tuesday, October 9, 2018. You can always renew your license for another year or upgrade to a forever-updates license"

I thought "your license will work forever" meant i had no updates after 1 year but premium features like big box would work even if they were outdated. Isn't this how it works?

4 minutes ago, master00 said:

"Your license will work forever, but updates to LaunchBox Premium will no longer be available for you after Tuesday, October 9, 2018

4 minutes ago, master00 said:

I thought "your license will work forever" meant i had no updates after 1 year but premium features like big box would work even if they were outdated. Isn't this how it works?

This is how it works, so it sounds like you are trying to use a version of Launchbox that was released AFTER your license expired. As is stated you will keep access to Bigbox forever, but updates will stop after the year, So if you are using a newer version than what your license was for then it will tell you it is expired. You need the version of Launchbox that you were on back in September/October 2018.

Just now, neil9000 said:

This is how it works, so it sounds like you are trying to use a version of Launchbox that was released AFTER your license expired. As is stated you will keep access to Bigbox forever, but updates will stop after the year, So if you are using a newer version than what your license was for then it will tell you it is expired. You need the version of Launchbox that you were on back in September/October 2018.

Oh ok! that makes sense. Thanks :)

1 minute ago, master00 said:

Oh ok! that makes sense. Thanks :)

Bigbox is always updated along side Launchbox as they are two different parts of the same program and are just the one installer. So if using a newer Launchbox you are also using a newer Bigbox, so you will get the expired license message. As i said you need to be on a version of Launchbox that was released during the time your license was active, I would have a look in your Launchbox/Updates folder to see if you have a old installer, of course if you recently downloaded Launchbox again you will not have any old version installers. If that is the case you can send a email to support@unbrokensoftware.com and explain the situation and request a installer that will work with your license.