LaunchBox Community Forums

ROM name matching ... CRC?

coolspot

Hi all,

I've been using Launchbox Premium for the last few weeks and it works pretty good. However, I find the ROM name parser to be a bit weak - basically any name that has a prefix (i.e. Disney: Cars) will cause the ROMs to be mismatched.

Any plans to improve the parser or perhaps implement alternative strategies like tracking ROMs by checksums, file size, or some other metric that could use to help augment finding unknown ROMs?

Just wondering... thanks.

10 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

Only way currently is to make sure you have the correct naming convention which I am sure you do (no-intro/redump/hyperlist) and then to use the built-in audit tool to manually match any unmatched/mis-matched games.

Yes, I'm using No-Intro and Redumps. I would say 90% are matched, but the remaining 10% is a PITA. Some systems are worse than others, i.e. Gameboy Handhelds with the 2-in-1 cartridges.