LaunchBox Community Forums

Stop startup video with a specific button?

HansS

Just a quick question... ?

I added a relatively long startup video. I like to abort this video during the startup,

For example: If I want to show my friends or somebody new the arcade cabinet, I like to show the whole startup video. But for myself I like to skip the startup video from time to time.

Is this possible?

Best regards,

Hans

1 hour ago, HansS said:

Just a quick question... ?

I added a relatively long startup video. I like to abort this video during the startup,

For example: If I want to show my friends or somebody new the arcade cabinet, I like to show the whole startup video. But for myself I like to skip the startup video from time to time.

Is this possible?

Best regards,

Hans

Any button will skip it as long as Bigbox has finished loading.

• 2 years later...

Just installed LaunchBox on a new computer and now seem to have focus issues on my video startup. I’m positive Big Box has loaded as I can click on the window and then skip the video. If I don’t press a button right away during the video I have to wait until the end of the video and then Big Box gets focus. Anything I’m missing in settings?  I’m using VLC.  This is only an issue during Windows Boot and having Big Box startup automatically. No issues when Big Box is started manually after Windows boot. 

*******SOLVED!*********

I was able to solve my issue by running Jocys.com Focus Logger on with windows startup.  It pointed out my windows still had a bloatware app (HP Protect) stealing focus when the BB startup video opened.  I uninstalled that and now working again.  Highly recommend that Focus Logger to see what app is stealing focus.

Edited by hawkfanz