LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Nintendo Wii U System

EmuAl

hey all, i have been told to post here my problem to see if it can be resolved.

First thing i should say is that i had a few problems with the System to begin with. I installed the roms as you normally would  but ran into problems launching them through RocketLauncher as it was not sending the file to RL it was sending the Full path to file which meant as i was a hyperspin user the RL was being sent a shortcut lnk file as the rom (Its set up this way in RL so it can pass the rom audit with all roms being detected) so i was told on discord that in order to use cemu properly its best to set the rome file as the rpx file so i tried this but because the rpx files have the same name sometimes it just wasn't going to work with RL. So after changing to the rpx on about half the roms i had a rethink and thought there must be a better way to do this. So i decided to start again and deleted the system from my LB setup. After this i tried to install the roms again but when it got to the parsing files part it just kept doing nothing. the box on the screen wouldn't change to the list of roms, so i had a brainwave and tried to reinstall the backup for it but this didn't work so i shut down the LB and started it up again and the system appeared in the list but all the rom files were a mess, some pointing to shortcuts, some pointing to rpx files. so i had another brainwave and decided to open the system xml in notepad++ and proceeded to run a regular expression scan and replace the launch target rom file with all the shortcuts i had used with hyperspin. After talking with the RL people they told me to alter the setting in LB that sends only the file not the full path to RL which makes everything work together again, LB and RL and cemu in harmony. Now i noticed in the rom list in LB that some rom files are duplicates and some don't show at all (initially it matched what i had in the rom folder perfectly) so i tried to sort it out a bit, there's like 6 or 7 problem roms.

Picture 1 shows a rom called Y.A.S.G, when i load LB it gets loaded as Snoopy's Grand Adventure (which i have already in the System, i also don't understand why Y.A.S.G is being shown as Snoopy in the dropdown for LB Database) i fully edit the entry to Y.A.S.G and all its info changing the notes and video location and all available info (shown in picture 2) but when i close LB and start it again the entry is back to be snoopy grand adventure again and Y.A.S.G is not in the list.

As i say there's about 6 or 7 roms that this is happening with and was wondering if there's another way to do the change or make it save properly. ?

In the System xml the entry for Y.A.S.G has and I.D. number (see picture 3) is this a number linked to the database entry and that's why it shows as snoopy in the dropdown ?

Also adding a couple of missing roms isn't saving into the system xml either, I add the rom it shows fine but after a LB restart its gone.

The problem roms are not roms i can see in the online database and was wondering if that's were the problem was arising.

i have triple checked the system xml for any errors and can't find anything obvious so i am at a loss as to what to do here.

any help would be gratefully appreciated

thanks

2019-11-10.png

2019-11-10 (1).png

2019-11-10 (2).png

This issue is now fixed and to be honest it was my own stupid fault, i had made a backup of the wii u xml and left it in the folder that LB uses for its Platform xml's. Idiot :) thanks to DOS76 and neil9000 for there patience and help with this "issue".

Edited by EmuAl
Issue is fixed