LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox issue with ESC & multiple gamepads

Vicarious

Hello all.

I am a BigBox Premium user, and I am attempting to build a small PC into a multi-console gaming machine that will not have a mouse or keyboard (it will sit next to the TV & other true consoles).

I have discovered that the ESC key function is the Bane to my gamepad only PC console. I have considered mapping ESC key to a X360 gamepad button combination, but I plan on using 4 or 5 different gamepads on this PC, depending on the situation. (X360, Dualshock, SNES, GameCube, SteamPad, etc). I am taking whatever measures necessary to keep this PC K&M free.

Because of what I am trying to accomplish, and how BigBox works, I am considering buying an expensive *single-button* USB input device that I can integrate into the PC case. I am thinking that I could bind the single-button keypad to the ESC key, and press this button anytime I need to exit an emulator or reach the BigBox internal menu.

Has anyone else tried this method, or found a better method to accomplish what I am attempting to do?