LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box (and any games launched from it) is muted and I have no idea why

Maul83

So it was working earlier. It didn't touch anything in Big Box. I changed a couple settings in Retroarch (controller bindings, and logged into Achievements, and overridden the core settings) then exited out and back in to make sure they saved. Then audio didn't work. At first I thought it was just Retroarch, but Big Box was doing it to. So I restarted my PC. Same thing. I checked my audio settings on the PC, other games work, web browers works, even launchbox if I just launch that works, but bigbox and any game launched from it, no audio. Looked at the audio settings in menu and its all up there, nothing muted. I have no idea what I did. 

I launch it from Steam, but even if I don't it still happens. Thoughts? 

Found a part of the issue maybe. When I changed the video playback engine from VLC (which worked perfect for years) to Windows Media Player, I got the sound back immediately, and lost it again when I went back to VLC. Then I started up Retroarch, and still no sound. So I restarted Big Box. It started with no sound again, and I check and Windows media is still selected. I switch to VLC and nothing, back to Windows Media and I get sound again (but only in BigBox).So I uninstalled VLC from my PC (not sure if VLC is intergrated into BigBox or is using it from my PC or not), and I still have the issue. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...