LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box is a mess on my PC

loonyb1n

Hi, 

I've just recently upgraded my account to gain access to big box. To my disappointment, it doesn't seem to be working well at all. Menus constantly hang, sometimes it freezes completely, no themes show any video content as shown on their previews and instead only have blank displays next to the scroll wheel that selects platforms. I have a good system sporting a 4th gen i7, radeon r580x and z-97c chip set motherboard. I've tried updating windows 10, uninstalling and reinstalling launchbox and just can't seem to find why it's breaking so hard. Please may someone kindly assist as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, loonyb1n said:

no themes show any video content as shown on their previews and instead only have blank displays next to the scroll wheel that selects platforms.

Themes dont come with any videos, you need to download platform videos from within Launchbox, tools/download platform/playlist videos, and game videos from emumovies with a premium account there if you want those.

5 minutes ago, loonyb1n said:

Menus constantly hang, sometimes it freezes completely

As for the hitching that is probably Bigbox caching images as you scroll, you can force build the cache in Bigbox via Options/Image cache/ force populate image type.