LaunchBox Community Forums

Corrupt Setup File

Rufflez

Backstory: I was trying to import Shadow of the Colossus but in took 10 minutes until I tried to cancel it (so I can restart the import and maybe it'll work that time) but Launchbox froze for six minutes so then i closed out of the program then i tried to pop open the start menu on Windows but then my computer froze (I could still move my mouse which was odd) then I tried to Control Alt Delete and maybe start task manager or resart my computer but that didnt work so I forcefully shutdown my computer (mistake) but then when I started up my computer and startup up Launchbox it gave me an error. Problem: When I start Launchbox it gives me an error that says: "It appears that your Launchbox\Data\Settings.xml file is corrupt; Launchbox cannot continue. Please try restoring a backup or the file from the Backups folder inside of your Launchbox root folder. Root element is missing." What do I do, what steps do I take to restore a backup and get my Launchbox working?

you can look in the backups folder and see if there is a settings backup in there but you can also just delete the settings xml and LB will generate a brand new one you will have to set any settings you changed from the default again but this won't change anything that you imported into LB or mess with any of your media simply the settings in LB.