LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch 1.8.2 released

CDBlue

Hello fellow emulation junkies.  Thought I'd post this here in case people don't stay on top of their emulators like some of us do... Retroarch just released its latest version, 1.8.2. Here's a link to the release notes page.

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-8-2-released/

One item of note, which I've been waiting for a long time for them to implement, is the following:

CORE UPDATER: Add option to update all installed cores

Now with one press of the button Retroarch will look at the cores you have in your cores folder, check the buildbot site, and if there's a newer version of that core available it will download and update your core file.

Anyway, enjoy :)

Edited by CDBlue
typos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

FYI for anyone upgrading,

Not sure if it's related, but I've updated my Retroarch to 1.8.2 today and now when I exit MAME games, the MAME GUI shows.

1. Launch game

2. Escape twice to exit

3. MAME GUI shows

4. Escape to exit MAME GUI.

It didn't happen with Retroarch 1.4.1 which I was running previously or 1.6.7 which I downloaded as a test.

Hmm not sure there as I don't use the MAME core in retroarch as I prefer stand-alone MAME.  However, it might be related to a newer option that was added recently (around version 1.7.7 I believe) which made it so you could select to have retroarch only close when you pressed escape twice.  Check your settings and disable that option and see if that helps.

Here's a video on where to set it:

Edited by CDBlue
  • Thanks 1